Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Drug Free workplace
“Our commitment is to our employees and customers. We are dedicated to excellence, environmental responsibility, and ethical behavior. We offer a safe, respectful, and rewarding workplace. Our employees take pride in their work, creating a company that you will be proud to do business with.”
1. Job Summary
Box Truck driver, deliver trash cans to new customers, remove used trash cans from cancelled/no pay customers. Maintain yard (carts), cart inventory controls. Driving routes will be on an as needed basis. Driver safely maneuvers vehicle in residential environments. Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, and alleyways.
Full-time: Average Hours 40-45 weekly. Mon-Thurs 6am-3pm & Friday 6am-12pm 30 min lunch breaks
2. Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Cycle Works Safety Rules and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service-related issues to Operations Manager.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, Safety meetings, as required by Cycle Works.
- Occasionally Pressure wash used trash cans/recycling bins and works yard.
- Notifies Operations Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Operations Manager of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch/Office or Operations Manager
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Operations Manager other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Occasional Saturdays
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None Required.
- Experience: Two (2) year of experience with like-type vehicles
- Must be atleast 23 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Must pass DOT physical by certified medical examiner.
- Must pass Pre-employment drug screening
4. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 50 +/- pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to 50 +/- lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Cycle Works, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance.
Paid vacation after 1 year of employment (5 days) – Year 2 (10 days) – Year 3 (15 days)
Start pay: $17-$20/hour (depending on experience)
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please fill out the form below.